Friday, July 29, 2011

How To Deal With Grief

   " The boundaries that divide life from death are shadowy and vague at best. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins?" ---Edgar Allen Poe

   Death is hard and I have been personally faced with it within the last 365 days. They have all been traumatic, some times one more than the other, but they have all hit home.

   The worst thing that one can do is to try to cling to something that is gone, or try to recreate it. These people that we miss still live actively in our hearts, souls, and minds... but are just not on this physical plane with us anymore. We must acknowledge that...

   Although we don't live in a world of mere reality, we can create our own reality. We live in a world of perceptions, where what's true in our minds is true!!! We can create our own reality, and if that exists with our deceased loved one contacting us directly or indirectly on a daily basis, then so be it!

   If there are resentments that we harbor, to forgive is the highest most beautiful form of love. And I promise you that in return, you will receive pure, untold peace and happiness. I promise this to you, and I promise that it can only get better... Hate is not overcome by hate. By only LOVE is hate suppressed. That is an eternal law...

   Perhaps our loved ones are not stars, but openings in "heaven" where the love our lost ones flow and pour through freely, and shine down upon us to let us know that they are happy.


   So is grief hard to handle? I would say "yes", but if you take heed to some of my helpful advice, it will become easier. It has for me. It has only been under a year for me, just think of how I will have evolved in a couple years or so from now?? It can only get better...

No comments:

Post a Comment