Monday, July 11, 2011

I Don't Step On The Scale Anymore...

   I don't step on the scale anymore. Seriously. I can't do it, for my own well being and piece of mind... The scale can be my enemy and I don't think it's necessary for me, and many people for that matter.
   I suffer from two distinct eating disorders-- primarily anorexia and bulimia. We are all born with either one of three body types---endomorphs, ectomorphs, and, and mesomorphs... the endomorphs consisting of mainly fatty tissue... the ectomorphs primarily long and lean, and the mesomorphs being of a naturally muscular build.
   I happen to fall into the third category... I am a mesomorph. And for the first time in my life I am proud enough to admit it. I can now say part of the serenity prayer..."God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change..." And now I really understand that. I can't change the body type that I was born with...
   I can't change that I am a mesomorph and I have drawn up the courage to accept the body that my higher power bestowed upon me. I am uniquely Allysan.
   Stepping on the scale, for me, is detrimental. My body is comprised mostly of muscle. As we all know, muscle weighs more than fat. If I look on the scale and see a number that doesn't please me, it will only aid in my psychological demise. I don't need that kind of self prison and torture. I am happy just knowing that I am healthy and happy, thank you very much.
   I am trying to be a confident female in todays image-conscious world. I am trying to fully love myself, something that we're all trying to accomplish. So no stepping on the scale for me, not necessary. I have enough stress in my life, let alone trying to cope with a number on the scale. So stand proud girls, and remember that we all come in unique shapes and sizes...AND WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment