Friday, January 7, 2011

Organized Religion???



I have many strong views on organized religion, and have been developing them over a span of many years. I believe that the creation of organized religion stems from different forms of fear. Many people fear death and the possibility that their souls will cease to exist. Many people feel safe when they belong to something bigger than themselves, they are afraid to leave their "comfort zone" and think for themselves. Many children are brought up to learn the doctrine of an organized religion and are taught that "this way is the right way" and that any other path should be frowned upon, even despised.
People fear what they don't understand. Ignorance can really be arrogance in disguise.
People would rather feel safe in their own little worlds than to be an independent thinker and question the things that we were taught, almost brainwashed in a sense.
Many of these sets of "rules", like the ten commandments, were created by man to generate fear in societies, to enforce some kind of control over large groups of people.
Now don't get me wrong, I believe that these prophets, these beautiful souls like Jesus, Siddhartha Gautama (the Buddha), Mohammed, Khrishna, Moses, even Gandhi, Mother Theresa, John Lennon and Bob Marley, and so on, did exist and were put down on this earth in different geographical places of this world, to pretty much teach the same moral principles and give insight on how we should improve our lives.
And I believe that they pretty much taught the same things:
1) To treat others like you would want to be treated
2) To be able to give love to those who give you hate and negativity
3) To be able to find the beauty in life and in people
4) To be honest, never cheat or steal, never conduct violence, etc.
5) To be able to find your own "heaven" here on earth
6) Generally, to just be a good person
I don't believe that god favors one prophet against another. I believe that god (however we see him or her to be) encompasses all of these prophets and religions, just as we need to embrace and accept every race, creed, and color of a human being.
THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE---THE HUMAN RACE...
When we can open our eyes and look outside of only what we were taught, we will discover that these relions have more similarities than differences.
I consider myself to be very SPIRITUAL, just not RELIGIOUS. I have studies pretty much every religion, culture, and doctrine of beliefs, and from all of them I have derived information that feels true and "right" for me.
And everyones spirituality should be unique, as each personality and soul is unique. We have minds, lets use them to their full potential. We have eyes, lets really open them.
We don't need to fit under any stereotype or generalization. We don't need to limit ourselves to fitting under a title of an organized religion.
Furthermore, I don't believe that you should FEAR your "god", and I don't believe that any LOVING god would condemn a soul to hell. Not only do I think that each soul has the right to be given a chance to better themselves in this lifetime, but also in the next.
I am a firm believer in karma, and what goes around comes around--cause and effect...
We don't need to generate anger to those who have done wrong. There are always predisposing factors as to why people do the things that they do. There is a karmic code, an ebb and flow that is definitally on a divine and spiritual realm.
We are such hypocrites when we are prejudice and feel hate for another religion that is not our own. All religions profess to love thy neighbor and do not judge, lest you will be judged.
"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind"....-Gandhi
I may not know much, I just know that my spirituality is uniquely mine. And I know that GOD IS LOVE.
I take the good that I have learned from all of the doctrines, and I discard the bad.
We humans are all connected with a common bond---we all want to achieve happiness and feel loved and be able to give love...
All that I'm saying is open your minds a little...Think for yourself...
Just as you are an individual, uniquely beautiful in your own personal ways, so should your spirituality be individualized and uniquely yours...
Whatever spiritual path that you may decide to take, just make sure that there is no contradictions or hypocrisy, that you have no doubts or feel hindered in any way.
Whatever patch that you take--in ANY aspect of your life--Just make sure that it feels "right" to you and that you are genuinely happy...

2 comments:

  1. Well put! I think it's very brave of you to come forward with your beliefs on this subject. I tend to keep mum regarding religion so as to not offend anyone, but I feel comfortable speaking out (a little) here.

    This is an issue I've struggled with internally my entire life. I feel as if the rest of my family looks down upon my parents, sister and I b/c we choose not to join any form of organized religion. From what I've witnessed, there are plenty of corrupt religious people who attend church regularly--and I think I have a better set of standards, ethics and morals then they! I don't need a church to tell me how one should behave--I have parents who took the time to instill a conscience in their children, so I know the difference between right and wrong and can choose the higher road.

    I also don't like the idea of religion trying to make people fear God. Why would God act towards his people in ways he doesn't want them to act toward one another? There's simply too much hypocrisy in organized religion. I just want to live my life the best way I can and be the best person I can be. If there truly is a God or spirit world out there, I hope they see what I'm doing with my life and are pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldnt agree with you more on everything that youve said. We lived in a world governed by religion, and it spawns superiority, racism, prejudice, intolerance, and evil. The bible is a cruel fucking joke that humanity played on itself. So many innocent people killed because of words on paper. How truly and utterly horrible and ridiculous does that sound. Check my blog out:
    http://dead-nephilim.blogspot.com/2011/01/get-up-and-kill-and-you-will-be.html

    ReplyDelete