Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year...

    A new year, not for to succeed monetarily or in social stature, but spiritually. I don't mean become a born-again Christian or read the Koran daily... By "spiritually", I mean by bettering our souls. We are not going to take our acquired money or status with us when we perish, I'm sorry to break it to you... Yes, New Year's Eve is epically known for becoming sloppy drunk and making a foxhole New Year's Eve resolution.... But my children, New Year's Eve is so much more than that!!!
   "Just as a moment has an end, so it must have a beginning and a middle. Also the beginning, middle, and end are to be analyzed like A MOMENT!!!!" - Nagarjuna
   Do not look at this coming year as another 365 days, honey. Each day is such a blessing, we are not promised any more than that. Any human being can pass into the next heavenly realm at any time, we need not take any moment for granted, and that is the TRUTH!!!
   Life is so much more than what can be seen by the naked eye. Life is sublime, parapsychological, beyond what us humans can see, taste, touch, or feel. This new year is not about predicting what will happen with the Dow Jones or about who will become our new presidential leader. Nor does it have anything to do with our economic status or how many college degrees we have posted on our walls...
   When we generate anger, ninety percent of the ugliness of the object of our anger is due to our own exaggeration... In my belief, anger is a secondary emotion, it is a facade. Behind all anger is fear or deep-set emotional pain.
   Being a philosophy apprentice since at least age seventeen, I believe that in order to attain enlightenment and thus perfect the soul, we have certain obstacles that we must overcome. ONE, we must be able to give unconditional love to those who give us hatred and negativity. TWO, we must be able to treat others as we would want to be treated. And THREE, we must be able to make our own "heaven" here on earth. I am fully aware that the world can be very harsh and cold. It takes a highly spiritual soul to be able to break these preconceived borders and to make our OWN PARADISE, in the midst of all the chaos and cruelty.
   So to all of you die-hard New Year's Eve party people, enjoy your alcohol, enjoy the closest person that you can kiss when the ball drops, yada-yada... Whatever makes you feel better...
   But to me, the new year is a time to realize what is really important in life. You will not be taking your money, assets, or newly achieved "status" with you when you die, and tomorrow is a hope, not a promise. What you will be taking with you is YOUR SOUL. No need to have your coffin lined in gold or be buried with an obscenely expensive diamond necklace. Our bodies that are buried six feet under are not us. Our bodies are only our "soul-covering, our lifetime "shell'.
  The only thing we are taking with us to the next realm is our SOUL. That is what we should be working to perfect in this lifetime. That is the only thing that really means anything in this messed up world. So..."may all acquaintance be forgot",So on and so forth... . Happy YOU YEAR'S, my fellow human beings!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree. It is time everyone wakes up and realizes these potent truths. And so many take everything they have for granted and it is very sad. I try to thank the gods and goddess every day for my loved ones and my cats and my art. I am a rich man with out a cent to his name. And proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. I know I need to work on anger because it is only hurting me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Angela, and from what I know of you, you are an illuminescent soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David, you ARE a rich man if you are surrounded by love, I agree whole-heartedly!!!

    ReplyDelete