Thursday, January 20, 2011

Is It Wrong To Be Gay???

   Is it "wrong" to be a homosexual? Well in my humble opinion...of course not!!!!  I have had many close friends in my lifetime who have been homosexual or at least bisexual. Now I'm not saying that some kids and young adults don't choose this way of life out of rebellion or some form of inner family pain or deep-seated demon.That does rarely happen, but for the most part, the majority of homosexuals are showing signs of homosexuality by the age of four...

   Being gay is not something that is tolerated yet in most parts of this country, especially in less diversely populated towns. People who can FINALLY admit to others that they are gay or bisexual is a terrifying journey that these brave souls have agreed to take. Hiding something like that may seem like some dirty secret"... But it"s NOT!!!

    Being gay to me, is the same as being obese, African -American, Hindu, Buddhist, a female, or living in a different culture which we Americans aren't used to...People fear what they don't understand... Sad but true...


I really don't believe that an individual chooses to be gay, just as much as an individual chooses to be dirt poor, be of a different ethnicity, be a Jew, a Muslim, or so on. No young boy or girl makes the conscious decision to be ridiculed and made fun of for at the least their whole middle-school and high-school career...

We Americans have for the most part gotten over slavery, women's rights and more. The next thing that needs to be overcome is the acceptance of gays, gay rights, gay marriage, etc. After we conquer this pertinent issue, you know it will be something else... it always is...


  My best friend throughout middle school and high school  was flaming gay. He was ridiculed a lot and that burned me up inside. I know that he was not gay by choice. He didn't  like the repricussions of how difficult it made his life for him in so many ways. He died this last Sept. 3rd, 2010. Why he died was attributed to a culmination of various factors. I don't want to get into anymore detailed information about it, but I can tell you that his being gay definitely played a part in his mental state when this all went down.


    Being gay is not a curse,,,if anything, it is a blessing. It teaches tolerance, acceptance, and LOVE... Never be ashamed of who you innately are, as long as you are a genuinely good person...

Rest in Peace Bradley William Beachy, age 28... I love you...

1 comment:

  1. My dear, I wish everyone felt as you did. This actually brought tears to my eyes. I wish so much I could tell my family about my bi-life, but I fear that they would finally disown me after all I’ve put them through with being a junkie. But still, its nice to know that I have a friend who will accept me no matter what. Thank you for this, ally.

    ReplyDelete