Sunday, March 18, 2012

Celibate For Life

   I find myself in a situation. I'm perfectly content with this situation, don't get me wrong. I have my beautiful and most amazing son back with me and I feel like I've died and gone to heaven. We both live with my best friend Kenny in a lovely cabin in the woods. What could be better? Jayden refers to Kenny as his daddy, for his real father passed away a little over a year ago. Jayden is supremely happy and completely content. So am I. I'm just sitting here, reflecting on the fact that I will probably be celibate for life, or at least until Jayden turns eighteen. The thought is a little disconcerting to me.


  You see, I wouldn't be able to bring another man into Jayden's life because Jayden already calls Kenny "daddy". And where on earth would I meet a man anyways, with me living all the way out in the middle of nowhere? Yes I do go into town to do shopping and attend A.A. meetings. Now let's just say that I met a nice man at an A.A. meeting or in the checkout line at the grocery store. What am I going to do, move him into the cabin? Have a "Two Men and a Baby " scenario? I think not. Hey, maybe I could move him into the storage shed outside. You see how this whole situation has me perturbed and perplexed?


   Now I'm not saying that I couldn't date. I suppose that is possible. So I guess I don't have to be celibate for the remainder of my life. But with dating, what can come of it? I surmise that I could be in a serious relationship that wouldn't be able to come into fruition until Jayden is an adult. I have fifteen more years. Will I still be attractive at age 45, or will I already be going downhill fast? These are thoughts that I really don't wish to entertain...


   So here it is. I've laid it all out on the table. I am insanely happy in the situation that I am in. I'm just banking on the fact that I will be celibate for life. I'm really not a sexually-driven person anyways. I would only settle for my soul-mate, nothing less. Maybe I could just become a nun, although I'm not Catholic. Anyhow, I guess I don't know what the future holds. Only time will tell...

2 comments:

  1. tecate titanium - Titsanium Art
    tecate titanium ceramic or titanium flat iron (Titanium) - The original tecate is made in stainless tube supplier steel. benjamin moore titanium Its primary characteristic is its unusual winnerwell titanium stove shape. 2019 ford ecosport titanium The shape of tecate is a

    ReplyDelete