Sunday, August 18, 2013

Working On Myself

   I need to work on myself

   Fear is my hindrance, a blockage to enlightened perception


   I don't want to live in that realm anymore


   I want to let go of these ties that bind


   I strive to feel life to the fullest and truly feel ALIVE


   I don't want to live with this wool over my eyes


   My fear is my own worst enemy and it's stifling my life


   Although I'm not afraid to admit my flaws


   I'm not afraid to cry


   I don't want to hold in my insecurities


   I want to surrender to possible rejection


   For I'll never know if I don't give it a try


   I am aware of my faults and that is a step towards the light


   Now comes the venture of trying to evolve


   A spiritual perfection, so pure and true


   Never living behind a mask or disguise


   I don't want to settle for a life of what-ifs and regrets


No comments:

Post a Comment